I love Saturdays! It’s the one day of the week I just can’t get enough of. I get to sleep in more, stay in my night suit for longer and eat freshly prepared home-cooked food. And to be true, Mommy Z is as excited as I am for Saturdays when we sit together and relish a meal while we catch up on gossip about who’s doing what and who married whom.
So it was on one of those lazy Saturday mornings when mommy went on to make this delicious Lasagne that we just couldn’t get enough of. The extra dose of cheese was a plus.
PS: Since Mommy Z was too lazy to go get Lasagne strips, she went ahead and made them at home. But the recipe for that is saved for another time. Here’s how the rest was done. 🙂
1 packet Lasagne strips (Store bought)
1/2 kg minced mutton
1 big onion
1 tsp soya sauce
Salt & pepper to taste
A little red chili sauce
2 green chillies
Some fresh coriander
1. Boil the Lasagne strips as per instructions with a little salt. Strain all the water.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan and add finely-chopped onions, salt, pepper, half tsp mixed herbs, little red chilli powder and some Haldi powder.
3. Add the finely chopped capsicum and saute for a minute.
4. Add the mutton mince next and cook it for sometime.
5. Now add half teaspoon soya sauce, 1 tsp red chilli sauce and approximately 2 tsp tomato ketchup for taste along with some chilli flakes (sprinkled on top). Cook till done.
6. Let it all cook until done.
7. Lastly add the finely-chopped coriander and stir well.
Take a baking dish and grease it. Put one strip of lasagne and top it with the cooked minced meat mixture. Add shredded mozzarella cheese and shredded cheddar cheese. Sprinkle oregano and chilli flakes.
Continue the same process for the second layer and lastly add cheese, chilli flake and oregano and bake it at 250-degree celsius for 20minutes or till done.
Cut into pieces and enjoy.
View this post on Instagram
Mommy spent a lot of time today making the best #Lasagne and we made the most of watching her by filming it. 😁😁😁 Well here's the lip-smacking result. #homemadelasagne #homemade #italianrecipes #indian #cook #recipes #homecooking #mommade #cheese #foodie #foodies #foodiegram #foodiesofinstagram #instafood #instafoodie #foodofinstagram #foodography #foodvidoes #foodporn #foodgasm #blogger #bloggersofinstagram #bloggersofindia #foodbloggers #igers #iphonevideos