Yes, it’s true. This pasta literally had everyone drooling and really, wanting more. Made by Mommy Z for iftaar in the month of Ramzan one day, I happen to take it with me to the pray area and just like that offer people. Turns out, it was so delicious that firstly they couldn’t stop eating and secondly they couldn’t stop asking for the recipe. So I thought of taking down the recipe before mommy dearest forgets it – Which is very likely to happen. Also, fresh pesto is one of my personal favourites!
The simple, easy, creamy pesto pasta recipe that had everyone drooling!
- Penne or elbow pasta
- Fresh basil leaves
- green chili – 1
- A few cashew nuts
- Oregano flakes
- Little oil
- Salami/sausages/fresh chicken
- A tablespoon of fresh cream
- Boil the pasta – penne or elbow pasta. When done strain and keep aside.
- Take fresh basil leaves, garlic, 1 green chilli, a few cashew nuts, oregano flakes and little oil and grind this into a fine paste.
- In a pan, take little oil and add diced garlic and saute. Put the meat you desire- salami, sausages, fresh chicken (minced would also do or shredded chicken) Saute this well.
- Add the freshly made pesto sauce. Check seasoning.
- Add the boiled pasta to the sauce top it off with 1 tablespoon fresh cream. Stir all together and serve hot.
All measures are approximate and as per taste.
Picture is for representational purposes only from Pixabay.com because as usual, we totally forgot to take a picture. Call it the Ramzan hunger pangs! But do try the recipe out and let us know how it was. Subscribe to the blog for updates and follow us on Zomato – @globetrottingfoodies and Instagram – @globetrottingfoodies to stay in touch.