The buzzing city of Bombay is always taking the mantle a notch higher with new innovations and experiments. The food scene in the city is more vibrant than ever before with the introduction of various world cuisines, international chefs and interesting decor diving right into the scene. There are not one but multiple restaurants, launches and bars to watch out for this season. If experimenting comes to you like second skin, we suggest you note these restaurants for a unique yet fascinating experiment because each one of these has something interesting to offer.
- Shizusan: I am a sushi fan and I hear that Shizusan has the best collection of sushi on offer – the kind literally to die for. Shizusan is a restaurant that serves up a neat fare of Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Asian, Thai and Vietnamese cusines. So of course there’s a large spread to tantalise your taste buds. Can’t wait to get my hands on some lip smacking dim sums, sushi and udon noodles.
- Slink and Bardot: Being a fan of all things French, Slink and Bardot is one restaurant I’ve been waiting to visit. A plush restaurant with exquisite French decor and French dishes that’ll leave you with an interesting gastronomic experience. Slink and Bardot is a little high priced and thus needs a special occasion for a visit but a perfect date night place.
- Toast and Tonic: This one’s been in the news for quite some time with its experimental food and drinks have become the talk of the town. Since we do like to shake a leg once in a while, a visit to this much-hyped resto bar is a must and hopefully will happen in the near future.
- Barrel: This restaurant that nestles in the prime area of Andheri, Mumbai has a mind blowing set-up with walls covered with barrels that’s one of it’s USPs. The resto-bar is becoming a hot-spot for telly actors and bollywood babes flocking it on weekends while the menu also looks interesting.
- Lord of the Drinks: This large drinking hub from Delhi has walked right into the Mumbai party scene and I want to visit just to see the vibe. Inspired from the famous movie – Lord of the Rings the decor in this one is fascinating, we’ve heard.
- Hello Guppy: Been looking at pictures from this new, fancy Japanese restaurant Hello Guppy makes me want to binge eat on all of their offerings. Donburi bowls, sushi, dumplings and ramen burgers!
- Thangabali: This south Indian restaurant that has opened doors in Dadar promises some mean fare from the south of India that we’ve been waiting to try out.
- La Folia Lab: La Folie’s new outpost in Lower Parel’s Kamala Mills is an experimental kitchen with smoothies bowls, salads and dishes that will tease your senses.
- Jia Oriental Cuisine: For lovers of Oriental cuisine, Jia is a must visit for their delicious offerings like dumplings and dimsums. Well, we tried to fix up a date there once but couldn’t as it was all booked, on a Wednesday evening! Can you believe that. Obviously, book in advance, you guys!
- A Bar Called Life: This Juhu lounge bar is the new hip and happening destination for burbies to party all night and even though it’s too far for us to go party, we’d love to visit just to feel the vibe of this party hot spot.
- Madeira and mime: This one’s in Powai. Yes, too far! That’s also what we thought when we saw the location of this place but seriously, for a onetime visit and the experience, maybe it’s worth it. And worth it is because they employ speech impaired people which I think is a great thing! More power to them.
- Fish N Bait:Fans of seafood, there’s a new restaurant you visit that comes from the house of the old and faithful – Mahesh Lunch Home. They are serving an extensive seafood menu that has Mediterranean, Indian and other dishes to give you the perfect dose of vitamin Sea!
- Mahlziet: Famous for their doner kebabs in Pune, Mahlziet is a new eatery opened in Bandra that offers street food from Berlin. Classics like bratwurst hot dog, chicken doner and meatball salad are worth a try, or so I’ve heard.
- Arth: Arth has been in the news for being designed by none other than Gauri Khan and is famous chef Kelvin Cheung of Bastian fame’s experiential restaurant and bar. Apart from the plush furniture and interiors the menu also looks quite intriguing.
- KODE: Coming from owner and restaurateur Zorawar Kalra, KODE is termed as a freestyle kitchen where each course comes paired with a different cocktail. The menu is as exciting as it gets.
Image courtesy: Pixabay. All images are for representational purposes only.